View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND? 

Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
Yes, do it! 86%  86%  [ 6 ]
No, I don't give a dead rat's ass. 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Not sure, I am so wishy washy. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

 Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND? 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:04 pm
Posts: 4363
Location: Madrid, Spain
Post Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
Please vote :cheers:

2S

_________________
Image
Image
Blankgirl: can someone hook me up with a good grenade thrower script? i can't seem to get mine to work anymore
Sand: press G


Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:15 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 am
Posts: 1623
Location: Texas
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
You need to give more details on this issue.

Should "WE", who? Our clan members? The community?

If you keep track of what is ongoing with the servers right now that are already hosting, you will see some that used to have players in it, not have them anymore, due to newer server's hosting now. For example...Community LT used to carry the majority of players, but hillse (which has changed names a few times already) now host's the majority of players. The only problem, they host Pick Up games 5 vs 5 due to a following of over 50K people watching the matches, but this takes away from the one's who want to play. They either drop from the server, or go to another server to play for a bit in the hopes to come back to hillse to get picked for a PU game after the current one is done. These PU games are nice, but they are killing the current traffic for Tribes and it's few players it has left.

The other problem, is all the cheats people use. A majority will tell you they do not use cheats, but they do. Specifically chaingun scripts, disking scripts, nade tossing scripts, flag pointers, ski scripts, etc. Anything you use besides Presto, is a cheat for Tribes...PERIOD!!

Another issue....the majority of players that play are veterans. They know ski routes, defense settings, offense settings, etc. The new people don't have a clue on these and after jumping into a server drop quickly due to not knowing what or how to do things.

A majority of our own clan members play in the Br Anni server. A mod that I gave up on a long time ago. I used to hold my own in the mod, but came to realize it's not a "Team Warfare" mod, it's a "Turret Warfare" mod. Tribes was made as a "TEAM WARFARE" game, not Turret. So I gave up on the mod, and stick with LT, base, renegades, ultra renegades, Balanced, servers in which "YOU" as a player has to play to gain or lose ground. Not have defenses setup in which you have to use a bunch of force to take it out, in order to move a couple of feet to use the same force to take out another type of defense to try to move ahead, but you get killed and by the time you get back to where you were at, the defenses are already replaced with new defenses. This is not "TRIBES".

I'm not sure if S@ND hosting again will do anything. If he host's again, what will he host? There are already server's up that host most types of Tribes mod's and base maps. If S@ND was to host again, he would need to host something different. Something people hasn't seen before. Anyone working on a new mod? A balanced mod? The only person I see currently is bug_s himself. I've seen him host a pass worded server beta testing a new mod he is currently coding over. If S@ND host's Anni again, I don't think it will do much for traffic since Crow is already hosting and a majority of players are already using his server to play the mod.

So if it's an Anni mod that you want S@ND to host, my answer is NO. He will be wasting his time and money to host it.


Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:04 pm
Posts: 4363
Location: Madrid, Spain
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
Thanks Kilroy. This has nothing to do with what you say but whatever.

To everyone else, please disregard any "community" issue which has nothing to do with this topic.

I just want to get together a few times with our clan people that still play and get some team shit done. Let us worry about how to go about this once we see there is enough interest instead of speaking for S@ND ahead of time.

Support the <!> reunion initiative!

Remember to vote.
2S

_________________
Image
Image
Blankgirl: can someone hook me up with a good grenade thrower script? i can't seem to get mine to work anymore
Sand: press G


Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:57 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 am
Posts: 1623
Location: Texas
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
Then you should have been more specific in your wording. :picard:


Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:04 pm
Posts: 4363
Location: Madrid, Spain
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
KILROY wrote:
Then you should have been more specific in your wording. :picard:


Nah. I think my wording is fine. Maybe you should worry less? :twak:

_________________
Image
Image
Blankgirl: can someone hook me up with a good grenade thrower script? i can't seem to get mine to work anymore
Sand: press G


Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:04 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 am
Posts: 1623
Location: Texas
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
No your wording did not relay specifics and has bunch of questions that come of it. Re-read what you posted. Which is why I posted what I did. You haven't been on in awhile and I just saw you start to play again just a few nights ago in the BR Anni server hosted by Crow. I'm on every single day, and night. I know more of what is ongoing than you think. Your not a member of other public forums and keeping track of what is currently ongoing on the current Tribes Community via post's of these forums or personal PM's. As for you relaying that I'm speaking for S@ND, no, I just don't want to see him waste his time which costs money to host a server, that you never relayed was for a "TEAM USE" get together, to play online matches. As for speaking up on this matter, I think I have a right, due to one, having donated in the past so he can host an online server, and two, myself and him already discussing these things in PM's previously. What have you done?


Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:04 pm
Posts: 4363
Location: Madrid, Spain
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
KILROY wrote:
No your wording did not relay specifics and has bunch of questions that come of it. Re-read what you posted. Which is why I posted what I did. You haven't been on in awhile and I just saw you start to play again just a few nights ago in the BR Anni server hosted by Crow. I'm on every single day, and night. I know more of what is ongoing than you think. Your not a member of other public forums and keeping track of what is currently ongoing on the current Tribes Community via post's of these forums or personal PM's. As for you relaying that I'm speaking for S@ND, no, I just don't want to see him waste his time which costs money to host a server, that you never relayed was for a "TEAM USE" get together, to play online matches. As for speaking up on this matter, I think I have a right, due to one, having donated in the past so he can host an online server, and two, myself and him already discussing these things in PM's previously. What have you done?


Who cares. I just want to know how many people are interested. Everything else is off topic.

2S

_________________
Image
Image
Blankgirl: can someone hook me up with a good grenade thrower script? i can't seem to get mine to work anymore
Sand: press G


Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:15 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 am
Posts: 1623
Location: Texas
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
2strong wrote:
KILROY wrote:
No your wording did not relay specifics and has bunch of questions that come of it. Re-read what you posted. Which is why I posted what I did. You haven't been on in awhile and I just saw you start to play again just a few nights ago in the BR Anni server hosted by Crow. I'm on every single day, and night. I know more of what is ongoing than you think. Your not a member of other public forums and keeping track of what is currently ongoing on the current Tribes Community via post's of these forums or personal PM's. As for you relaying that I'm speaking for S@ND, no, I just don't want to see him waste his time which costs money to host a server, that you never relayed was for a "TEAM USE" get together, to play online matches. As for speaking up on this matter, I think I have a right, due to one, having donated in the past so he can host an online server, and two, myself and him already discussing these things in PM's previously. What have you done?


Who cares. I just want to know how many people are interested. Everything else is off topic.

2S


Then get your wording corrected so people understand what you are trying to relay. It's not off topic when you bring up subjects like "speaking for S@ND" and not clarifying what you are trying to achieve. :picard:


Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:04 pm
Posts: 4363
Location: Madrid, Spain
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
KILROY wrote:
2strong wrote:
KILROY wrote:
No your wording did not relay specifics and has bunch of questions that come of it. Re-read what you posted. Which is why I posted what I did. You haven't been on in awhile and I just saw you start to play again just a few nights ago in the BR Anni server hosted by Crow. I'm on every single day, and night. I know more of what is ongoing than you think. Your not a member of other public forums and keeping track of what is currently ongoing on the current Tribes Community via post's of these forums or personal PM's. As for you relaying that I'm speaking for S@ND, no, I just don't want to see him waste his time which costs money to host a server, that you never relayed was for a "TEAM USE" get together, to play online matches. As for speaking up on this matter, I think I have a right, due to one, having donated in the past so he can host an online server, and two, myself and him already discussing these things in PM's previously. What have you done?


Who cares. I just want to know how many people are interested. Everything else is off topic.

2S


Then get your wording corrected so people understand what you are trying to relay. It's not off topic when you bring up subjects like "speaking for S@ND" and not clarifying what you are trying to achieve. :picard:


I clarified it 5 post ago. Thanks for keep clarifying the same thing over and over. :stab:

_________________
Image
Image
Blankgirl: can someone hook me up with a good grenade thrower script? i can't seem to get mine to work anymore
Sand: press G


Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:08 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 am
Posts: 1623
Location: Texas
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
Quote:
I clarified it 5 post ago. Thanks for keep clarifying the same thing over and over. :stab:


If you read your post, it doesn't relay details, and brings up questions about what you are tying to do here. You didn't start to clarify anything till I brought up the subject and you re-posted.


Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:04 pm
Posts: 4363
Location: Madrid, Spain
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
KILROY wrote:
Quote:
I clarified it 5 post ago. Thanks for keep clarifying the same thing over and over. :stab:


If you read your post, it doesn't relay details, and brings up questions about what you are tying to do here. You didn't start to clarify anything till I brought up the subject and you re-posted.


And that was two days and 10 posts ago... :mecry:

_________________
Image
Image
Blankgirl: can someone hook me up with a good grenade thrower script? i can't seem to get mine to work anymore
Sand: press G


Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:39 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 am
Posts: 1623
Location: Texas
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
Yeah whatever, your just showing your true education and lack of leadership here :ugh:


Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:04 pm
Posts: 4363
Location: Madrid, Spain
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
KILROY wrote:
Yeah whatever, your just showing your true education and lack of leadership here :ugh:


Exactly my thoughts! Bye :ninja:

May this thread forever reflect the stuff of which Kilroy is made. A true masterpiece of all the values this clan stands against: Negativity, cannot do attitude, disrespect, threats and spite.

2S

_________________
Image
Image
Blankgirl: can someone hook me up with a good grenade thrower script? i can't seem to get mine to work anymore
Sand: press G


Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:06 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 am
Posts: 1623
Location: Texas
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
2strong wrote:
KILROY wrote:
Yeah whatever, your just showing your true education and lack of leadership here :ugh:


Exactly my thoughts! Bye :ninja:

May this thread forever reflect the stuff of which Kilroy is made. A true masterpiece of all the values this clan stands against: Negativity, cannot do attitude, disrespect, threats and spite.

2S


Now your really showing your "TRUE" colors.

1. My Negativity, you used to be here for "THIS" clan, and your not around anymore.
2. What Cannot Do Attitude are you relaying here. If it's the first post I made, it's the truth about what other forums and players are saying that is concurrently ongoing now, today. If you were more involved, you would know.
3. There's no disrespect, just what I am seeing these days.
4. Threats? What threats? I haven't threatened anyone on this or any other forum I am a member of.
5. Spite? The definition of Spite: A desire to hurt, annoy, or offend someone. If this or any other post I made has hurt, annoyed, or offend you, those were not my intentions, and I apologize. (reason for why I replied the way I did, answer below)

If it's these things your are relaying that "I" as a player and member of this forum is acting like, you may want to take a look in the mirror.

Let's be clear about this. You posted this with a title of "Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?" You did not relay details if this was for a team get together, or a public get together with other players. Not until I posted with my question. You then re-posted your intentions and it was clearer on what you were asking this forum community, but the way you replied back to "ME" was spiteful. So you now understand why I replied the way I did. The reason for my question in asking this, is you posted this in the "General Community" Section of this forum, not the "Member's" Section. If this was posted in the "Member's" Section, there would be no questions that come to mind. Due to you posting this in the "General Community" Section, I made a post of what is currently ongoing in the Tribes Community and how other players that have been on playing, including myself, have seen on the many different hosted servers that are currently being used, including the numerous forums that I am a member of and see what others are posting about what is happening within these gamming servers. Again, I don't know if you wanted S@ND to host a temporary server or put the server back up again perm. You DID NOT relay specifics, and with it being within this thread there were questions that came to mind. It sounded like you wanted S@ND to host a perm server again before you replied with better details.


Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:04 pm
Posts: 4363
Location: Madrid, Spain
Post Re: Should we get together on a <!> server hosted by S@ND?
Man.... I thought you had left already? Is your intention to shit all over the forums even after leaving?

Let me know ;)

2S

_________________
Image
Image
Blankgirl: can someone hook me up with a good grenade thrower script? i can't seem to get mine to work anymore
Sand: press G


Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:24 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.041s | 26 Queries | GZIP : On ]